Head of Group HR
Working very closely with the Group HR Director, this role leads on all Group strategic HR matters across the various Coillte divisions. It involves project planning and delivery of key strategic projects that influence and shape the culture of Coillte. The role also involves providing senior business partnering and advise to the Managing Directors and senior Directors of the Group Services and Land Solutions team.
Terms and Conditions
Reports to: Group HR Deputy Director
Location: Newtownmountkennedy, Co.Wicklow
- Support the Group HR Director in the design and execution of the Group HR strategy. Responsible for creating and maintaining the Group HR Strategy Plan.
- Lead the project planning and delivery of key strategic projects for the HR department, including, not but limited to, HR Strategy, HR communication, workforce capacity planning, DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion), succession planning, engagement initiatives, Gender Pay, employee surveys and cultural initiatives.
- Ensure that project plans are created for each project and the project rollouts are co-ordinated, communicated clearly and delivered in a timely fashion. A significant part of this work will be remaining in regular contact with each of the divisions’ Managing Directors on the various elements of each project throughout regular touch points in the year.
Group Compensation and Benefits
- Design leading policies and benefits to ensure that all aspects of our compensation offering are robust and reinforce our ability to attract high calibre senior talent.
- Lead the annual market review of remuneration packages for senior personnel including researching and analysing current market trends, best practices and benchmarking data.
- Develop enhanced Group recruitmen processes, collaborate with the Group Communications team on our external branding for recruitment purposes and our online recruitment presence.
- Lead and advise on senior recruitment for the Group, with emphasis on senior Land Solutions and Group Services divisions searches as required.
- Play a key part in HR policy drafting and distribution, as required.
- Drive HR communications through an appropriate framework organisation-wide to ensure that senior management liaise with staff directly, building and reinforcing continuously a relationship of trust with staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Communications department to drive a strategic HR communications programme to promote the values of Coillte (through LinkedIn and the website as examples).
Talent Management / Learning & Development
- Guide the Group HR Director, and the Managing Directors of Coillte Forest, Medite Smartply and Land Solutions and also support Group Services in the delivery of the annual succession planning / talent management process for members of the lead team. Plan on the annual personal delivery for key succession individuals identified.
- Manage senior training and development programmes to ensure that participation is maximised and momentum maintained throughout the period.
- Act as a key driver in increasing employee engagement through the organisation through a number of actions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Senior Management Collaboration
Plan regular touch-points for management and HR with colleagues across all Coillte offices to build trust and increase interaction.
- Diversity and Inclusion
Develop, implement and manage Coillte’s DEI Strategy and related action plans.
- Senior Management Collaboration
- Build relationships with Group Communications and Finance teams across the Group and each of HR and Finance teams in the divisions.
- Act as a visible role model for the Group’s values.
A role model for living our values of Respect, Simplicity, Empowerment, Outward Looking and Responsible and creating the environment for those on the team to do the same.
- Drive for Results: The drive to exceed goals and push self towards high levels of performance. Includes the proven ability to work on own initiative and get things done
Strong Communicator and Listener: Developed interpersonal skills that engender trust and are reflective of high levels of integrity and personal credibility
Interpersonal Skills: Effective influencing and advocacy skills for internal and external relationships.
Communications skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver presentations and write succinctly with attention to detail.
- Project management: Ability to manage competing deadlines and to deliver results.
- Education and Experience: Associate CIPD qualified with a degree in a HR or related discipline and 15 years’ experience in HR, at least 8 of which have been working in a senior HR role, ideally in a commercial operation
- HR Expertise: Excellent knowledge and experience of a range of HR disciplines, in particular regarding the design and implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, HR communication, talent management and employee engagement initiatives
- Systems Knowledge: Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outward Looking
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 25 November 2022. Please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coillte is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where EVERYONE can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
If for any reason you would like us to make any supports or accommodations to help you in making your application please contact us at 01-2011471.