Group Financial Controller
To support the Group Finance Director in defining the reporting of business division performance by providing financial control and reporting functionality commensurate with a company of its size. In addition, the role is responsible for selecting accounting standards and policies that are optimal for the Group.
Terms and Conditions
Reports to: Group Finance Director
Reporting & Management Information
• Agree the format and timeframes for the reporting of Business Division performance and ensure compliance with same.
• Manage the preparation of monthly financial reports and forecasts for the Group Finance Director, CFO, the Operating Executive and the Board.
• Deliver streamlined and timely reporting at Group level, including systemising the Group consolidation process, standardising data structures and processes as appropriate.
• Ensure the central finance function produces a timely, low cost, quality service.
• Participate in the development of finance IT systems that provide required Group finance information.
• Prepare an annual Group Budget for approval by the Board.
• Prepare Commercial Equity Valuation on an annual basis.
• Prepare accounts information for the Company’s Defined Benefit Pension Schemes and assist in the audit of the Schemes.
Group and Statutory Accounts
• Support the preparation of the annual report and statutory financial statements.
• Prepare statutory accounts for the Group that comply with all legal, audit and regulatory requirements for approval by the Board.
• Manage and direct the audit process including the relationship with internal/external auditors.
Group Financial Policies and Tax Compliance
• Review compliance with accounting standards, Company Law and the Code of Practice for Governance of State Bodies, and advise management of the potential impact of changes in the regulatory environment.
• Adopt appropriate accounting policies for the Group and prepare technical papers in support of management’s judgments and accounting estimates.
• Ensure that internal financial controls deliver timely and accurate information and are regularly reviewed and enhanced.
• Provide taxation advisory services to business divisions around key transactions.
• Manage the preparation of corporation tax and capital gains tax computations and ensure tax returns are filed on a timely basis, that tax liabilities are minimised and that the Group is tax compliant.
• Monitor the performance of the credit control function and recommend policy changes where necessary.
• As a member of the Group Finance team, provide leadership and promote a culture of team collaboration, ensuring alignment on the delivery of all partnering, planning, and reporting requirements.
• Enhance the team culture and performance by actively developing team members through empowerment, coaching, mentoring.
• Build strong working relationships with Finance Directors in the Business Divisions.
• Act as a visible role model for the Group’s values.
A role model for living our values of Respect, Simplicity, Empowerment, Outward Looking and Responsible and creating the environment for those on the team to do the same.
• Collaboration & Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build effective relationships with team members and other business divisions.
• People Leadership: Understanding the importance of managing and developing people; creating a climate in which people can do their best.
• Drive for results: Drive to exceed goals ensuring high levels of performance and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Prioritisation/Ability to multi-task: Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills with the ability to deliver on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Attention to Detail: Diligence and care in all tasks.
• Decision-making and Delegation: Excellent critical thinking and strong analytical and problem solving skills with the capacity to make good decisions.
• Innovative & Creative: A proactive problem-solver that is able to apply new concepts to existing processes to streamline and simplify.
• Strategic Agility: The capacity to think big picture and be future oriented when
driving the execution of the strategy
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
• Education & Experience: Professionally qualified accountant with relevant experience in a financial management role.
• Commercial and Financial Acumen: Strong analytical and technical accounting knowledge and an ability to apply it to the role to enhance the profitability and asset value of the business.
• Accounting and Regulatory Compliance: Knowledge and experience of accounting standards and the financial and regulatory environment to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Outward Looking
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 28 April 2023. Please submit your cv to email@example.com.
Coillte is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where EVERYONE can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
If for any reason you would like us to make any supports or accommodations to help you in making your application please contact us at 01-2011471 or firstname.lastname@example.org