Forestry & Engineering Graduate Programme
What we are offering?
The Coillte Graduate Development Programme is offering talented individuals who have drive, energy and ambition an opportunity to be part of the future of Coillte. We are offering recently qualified graduates a placement for two years. We are looking specifically for graduates within forestry or engineering. Students currently participating in their final year or who are awaiting results are also welcome to apply. Successful applicants will be taken into the Graduate Development Programme during September 2019.
Successful Graduates will;
- Be offered a two year fixed term contract and experience two to three work placements in a management, frontline supervisory or business support role within the Coillte Forest Division. Placements may be in the areas of Resource Optimisation Analysis & Planning, Harvesting & Operations Management, Road Construction Management, Commercial Supply Chain or Financial Planning & Analysis (locations of each will vary).
- Be enrolled on a Business Skills Development Programme with a recognised institute
- Be involved in high profile strategic projects
- Receive mentoring & coaching support from Senior Management
- Get the opportunity to conduct field visits & international exchanges
- Have the opportunity to apply their technical learning and further develop their skills and competencies within an exciting, fast paced and customer focused forestry business.
- Gain invaluable experience through their responsibility for the analysis and management of business programs and key processes.
- Gain experience in providing excellent customer service, quality control, compliance with environmental and social standards engaging successfully with stakeholders.
Competencies Required to be Successful:
- Commercial Awareness: Demonstrate business acumen and an understanding of the industry.
- Customer Focus: A good understanding and knowledge of our customers’ needs and requirements.
- Creativity: Proactively seeks to improve new ideas or methods in daily tasks.
- Results Orientation: The drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills with an ability to actively listen and negotiate in a demanding environment.
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Leadership: A highly credible individual with the ability to lead and influence beyond direct authority.
The closing date for applications is 7 April 2019. To apply please submit the Application Form online available here.