Forester - Road Licensing Specialist
To support the provision of high-quality road planning and licensing services, to aid the execution of an effective roads network within the Business Area Units (BAUs) to access the Estate. To develop and manage road planning and licensing processes and to undertake analysis of the road planning process and related issues. To Act as the Single point of contact between the BAU’s and the Regulator and to support the implementation of the Engineering roading programme and Strategy.
Terms and Conditions
Contract: Fixed Term - 12 Months
Reports to: Engineering Process Manager
Location: By Agreement
Planning & Support
• Apply for road licences on iFORIS including all required documentation for all roads verified by the Engineers, for Form 1 and Form 2 applications.
• Supervise forest road construction to ensure a high standard is achieved to receive full grant funding.
• Support the development of new and / or improved models for strategic road planning in Coillte Forest.
• Support the implementation of Coillte Forest's business processes for strategic and tactical road planning including tasks associated with the Engineering strategy.
• Perform detailed analysis using appropriate software such as Excel, SQL, MS Access, etc. and to meet all reporting requirements in the area.
• Act as a central point of expertise and knowledge for Coillte Forest users and provide advice to support effective road licence and planning, and efficient resolution of issues / problems across the BAU’s.
• Respond in an efficient manner to further information requests in relation to all applications.
• Liaise with wider teams to ensure all documentation is supplied in a timely manner and to the required standards to allow all available grant monies to be secured.
People & Culture
• Develop a strong culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
• Simplify business processes to reduce complexity for our customers and allow our people to do their best work.
• Develop strong collaboration with the Engineers and BAU Estate Managers to support road management and planning.
• Act as a visible role model for the Group’s values.
• Support road planning-related regulatory, consultation and certification processes to ensure roading activities are planned in compliance with legal and certification requirements.
• Support the building of strong relationships with key agencies (Forest Service, NPWS, etc.).
• Aid in the wider review of the road licensing procedures within Coillte and the Regulator.
- Resilience: Proven ability and track record in working in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive in identifying emerging issues and addressing them promptly by working on own initiative with proven capability and effectiveness in problem solving with interest and knowledge of new processes and technologies.
- Organised: Ability to achieve deadlines when required and to effectively prioritise between competing demands with exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytical: Strong analytical skills.
- Discretion: Personal credibility and a proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Report Writing: Strong report writing and numeracy skills and an ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Time Management: Efficient management of time, resources and procurement.
Desired Technical / Professional Qualities
- Education and Experience: Relevant qualification in Civil Engineering, Forestry, or related discipline and / or demonstrable experience.
- Forestry: Knowledge of forestry from a road planning perspective would be very beneficial.
- Engineering: Knowledge of forest road engineering would be very beneficial.
- Commercial Acumen: Can focus on financial and commercial implications of their own activities through minimising costs, maximising opportunities and meetings targets.
- Regulatory Compliance: Knowledge and experience to promote a safe-working environment and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and Silvicultural standards.
- Outward Looking
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Thursday, 11 August 2022. Please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coillte is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where EVERYONE can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
If for any reason you would like us to make any supports or accommodations to help you in making your application please contact us at 01-2011471 or email@example.com