Finance Business Partner
This role is responsible for developing strong business partnering relationships at all levels to support, review and challenge financial performance on an ongoing basis. The role will deliver strategic business planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling, analysis and reporting to support key decisions and the achievement of the Division’s strategic growth objectives.
Reports to: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Contract: Specific Purpose - 12 months
Location: By Agreement
Financial Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Co-ordinate the development of strategic plans, budgets and forecasts for assigned business areas that are aligned with the achievement of the Division’s strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the business to identify and implement simplification and efficiency improvement in the financial planning processes and supporting systems.
- Deliver supporting analysis for forecasts and budgets for assigned areas throughout the year.
- Promote cost awareness, saving opportunities and a continuous improvement culture throughout the business, through regular engagement and a strong focus on costs.
- Support and challenge the business in delivering financial plans. Identify and communicate commercial opportunities and risks, and work with the business to create action plans to ensure targets are achieved.
- Build strong working relationships within assigned business areas of responsibility and create a business partnership, providing active support, financial modelling, financial analysis and reporting to drive the delivery of strong business performance.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of assigned business areas and related processes and systems. Identify key financial and management information required by the business to support decision making, and lead the development of appropriate reports with the finance team.
- Continually assess reporting requirements, monitor feedback and update reports in order to improve quality of information provided to support timely decision-making.
- Create and present regular analysis in a clear, concise manner which includes robust variance analysis and key metric reports that demonstrates an understanding of key drivers and informs effective operational and strategic decision making.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis for business areas, including variance analysis and key metric reports that support strategic and operational decision making.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure timely, accurate reporting and analysis of business performance against budget/forecast is delivered in the agreed template, with supporting narrative that highlights key risks and areas requiring attention. Undertake root cause analysis for underperformance as required.
- Develop a strong knowledge of assigned forestry business areas, to enable effective business reporting and financial analysis. Actively communicate and collaborate with business areas to track performance against performance indicators.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, and report on working capital movements for assigned areas.
- Prepare quarterly general ledger account reconciliations, and process monthly journals for assigned business areas.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence, financial accountability and continuous improvement, driving simplification in all processes.
Investment Appraisal & Strategic Initiatives
- Work closely with the Finance Team on the strategic direction of the division, delivering the financials and supporting narrative for the Strategy and rolling 5 year plans.
- Actively participate in Strategic initiatives as required to support the achievement of the Division’s strategic ambitions.
- Support the appraisal of capital projects and new strategic business opportunities, through appropriate financial modelling and analyisis. Ensure that capital expenditure opportunities have appropriate business cases to allow optimum allocation of capital resources.
- Responsibility to support the business areas in developing business cases for capital projects/additional expenditure. Work closely with the Capital Review Board to ensure capital expenditure requirements are understood and required budgets are in place.
- Coaching and mentoring of team members to develop a high-performance culture.
- Collaborate effectively with the wider Finance team to ensure alignment on the delivery of financial modelling and investment appraisals, planning, budgeting, reporting and analysis.
- Provide support and back-up to the wider Finance team and Division as required.
- Act as a visible role model for the Group’s values.
A role model for living our values of Respect, Simplicity, Empowerment, Outward Looking and Responsible and creating the environment for those on the team to do the same.
- Drive for results: Ambitious and self-motivated with a drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance. Ability to work on own initiative providing sound financial advice and meeting tight deadlines.
- Communication/Collaboration: Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Proven ability to build effective relationships with both business and finance department colleagues and an ability to influence and engage at all levels.
- Commercial Awareness and Interest: Ability to understand the Forest business & environment in order to support & challenge the business to deliver financial performance. Strong knowledge and experience to manage top-line and bottom-line financials to maintain profitability and value of the business.
- Leadership & Teamwork: Ability to work effectively within a team, and lead & motivate others to develop themselves.
- Innovation/Problem Solving: Proactive in identifying areas for improvement and proven capability and effectiveness in working on own initiative to solve problems identified.
- Prioritisation/Ability to multi-task: Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills with the ability to deliver on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to Detail: Diligence and care in all tasks.
- Customer Focus: A good understanding and knowledge of our customers’ needs and requirements
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with 2+ years post qualification experience
- Experience in a management accounting / finance business partner role
- Excellent business and commercial acumen/skills
- Strong financial modelling, analytical, technical and process management skills
- Strong ability to work cross functionally
- High level of IT proficiency, particularly with Financial Accounting Systems and Microsoft Office
- Outward Looking
Closing date for applications is 4pm, Friday 1 July 2022. Please submit your cv to Jean O'Donovan firstname.lastname@example.org
Coillte is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where EVERYONE can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
If for any reason you would like us to make any supports or accommodations to help you in making your application please contact us at 01-2011471 or email@example.com