Forest Works Operative BAU 2
Responsible for the provision of field support and coordination of forest operations in the Business Area Unit (BAU) ensuring safe work practices and environmental compliance. Also responsible for the collection of field data and in implementing forest security measures to protect and maintain the forest estate and to ensure Coillte maintains an established local presence.
Terms and Conditions
Reports to: Estates Manager
Location: BAU 2 Clare / South Galway
- Support the coordination and delivery of our operational programmes, whilst meeting quality and compliance standards through effective site supervision and monitoring.
- Carry out a range of manual duties, such as installing silt traps, light fence repairs, erecting operational signs, commencement notices and planning permissions.
- Support the BAU in stakeholder engagement, networking, community PR events and initiatives.
- Support the BAU processes through the collection of field information through site surveys and site inspections through the collection of data and features on a mobile device i.e. planting returns, dangerous trees, biodiversity features.
- Support the promotion of a safe working environment for our people, our contractors and customers in the forest.
- Provide field information to the Forester in preparation of operational plans.
- Assist in firefighting, fire patrolling and reporting.
- Implement security measures including, trespass, timber security, litter management to ensure protection of our timber and forest estate.
- Carry out roadside stock inventory / measurement.
- Support the BAU in maintaining recreation and biodiversity sites, traffic management, brush cutting etc.
- Time Management: Efficient management of time and resources.
- Time Management: Ability to work to deadlines when required and to effectively prioritise between competing demands.
- Resilience: Proven ability and track record in working in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive in identifying issues and addressing them promptly by working on own initiative.
- Discretion: To be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards: Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Values: To live the Group’s values.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
- Education and Experience: Relevant qualification in forestry or related discipline to HETAC Level 5 is an advantage but not required.
- ICT: Good ICT skills would be an advantage.
- Outward Looking
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Thursday 8 June 2023. Please submit your cv to email@example.com.
Coillte is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where EVERYONE can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
If for any reason you would like us to make any supports or accommodations to help you in making your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org