To provide a technical and operational support service across establishment and tending operations, develop and implement efficiency and improvement programmes and initiatives that deliver improved forest productivity and add value. Collaborate with the establishment and estate staff to ensure standards, quality, operational excellence and simplification are enhanced to best international standards and are consistent across the Operations resulting in stands reaching free growing as early as possible and value is maximised.
Role Specific Terms
This is a 3 year fixed term contract. The role will be based in our office in Portlaoise. The salary on offer for this position is negotiable depending upon experience.
People, Leadership, Organisation and Culture
- To collaborate with the Operations, other functions within Coillte Forest and other stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the Coillte Forest strategy.
- Support a high performance culture across Coillte Forest operations.
- Promote a commercial culture in forest operations where decisions are made with full consideration of maximising value
- Simplify site monitoring & quality assessor audits through coaching, mentoring and training internal and external staff.
- Promote simplification to reduce complexity to allow us to do our best work.
- Actively promote and prioritise a safe working environment for our people, contractors, customers and stakeholders in the forest estate.
- Be accountable for developing own contribution to the business which includes driving personal development initiatives.
- Act as a visible role model for the Group’s values.
Planning and Management
- Support the Operations compiling operational plans to efficiently carry out forest operations throughout the year including accurately phasing work packages and assigning Contractors.
- Assist the Function Leads in preparing the operational budgets, ensuring that that they are aligned to the needs of the Operations.
- Carry out operational production and financial forecasting as required.
- Collaborate with the Establishment Process Team and Establishment Function Leads to delivery of the Establishment Strategy.
- Review and update the plant requirements for Coillte Forest on a rolling four year basis.
- Identify, assess and review potential innovation initiatives that can be used to optimise the Establishment & Tending phases.
- Develop and implement quality control systems to support the Operations deliver high quality crops and provide accurate data to our customers.
- Develop and implement plans with the Operations to ensure successful completion of national initiatives (E.g. Sub Optimal, Aerial Fertilisation).
- Provide technical support and training to both Coillte Establishment staff and contractors to increase understanding and implementation of best silvicultural practice.
- Ensure that Establishment operations comply with Forest Certification Standards, Standard Operating Procedures, Codes of Practice and Forest Service Guidelines.
- Drive a programme of continuous improvement with Establishment staff and contractors in order to improve the service provided to Coillte Forest.
- Ensure Establishment staff provide timely and accurate Field Data Capture information from Establishment operations.
- Develop a strong culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement in all forest operations to eliminate waste and inefficiency.
- Drive a quality service to our customers, which meets or exceeds commitments.
- Support the Operational Process Team create and embed a culture of innovation, collaboration and simplification across all the processes and operations.
- Develop relationships with national bodies (e.g. Forest Service) to influence regulation to ensure best interest for Coillte.
- Drive for Results: The drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Delegation and Decision-making: The capacity to make good decisions and delegate responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Customer Focus: Knowledge and insight of customers and dedication to meeting their expectations and requirements.
- Strategic Agility: The capacity to think big picture and be future oriented when supporting the execution of the strategy.
- Managing Change and Ambiguity: Openness to change and the capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty while being able to simplify tasks and processes to the core level.
- Negotiating and Influencing: Proactively manage internal and external relationships and apply effective negotiation skills to challenge and influence when required.
Desired Professional Competencies
- Education and Experience: Relevant qualification in Forestry or related discipline with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Forestry: Has in-depth forestry knowledge to sustain the productive capacity of the estate.
- Commercial Acumen: The knowledge to manage financials to maintain profitability and value of the estate.
- Regulatory Compliance: Knowledge and experience to promote a safe-working environment and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and silvicultural standards.
Closing date for applications is Monday 8 January 2018. Please submit your cv to email@example.com