Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
This role will lead the financial planning & analysis functions for the Coillte Forest division, leading the budgeting and forecasting processes and supporting the strategic direction of the division.
Role Specific Terms
This is a permanent contract. The role will be based in our Head Office in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow. The salary range for this position is €53,000 - €63,000.
- Contribute fully to the development and implementation of the Division’s strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Lead the annual business planning and budgeting process.
- Plan and coordinate the business and operational plan (BOP) for the division ensuring alignment of each business area with the groups strategic objectives.
- Prepare rolling forecasts based on clear methodologies, highlighting key threats and opportunities to the achievement of the budget.
- Prepare rolling 5 year plans that set out the key deliverables and financial targets during that time frame, ensuring alignment with Divisional and Group objectives.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including variance analysis and key metric reports.
- Comprehensive review of business performance that analyses and highlights underperforming areas of the business that require attention by management.
- Embed standard costing in the organisation and enhance the reporting process so that there is clarity around the progress towards benchmark standards.
- Review/manage the Forest Management System (Coillte Forest costing system) to enhance the relevance accuracy and timeliness of the information.
- Provide ongoing financial modelling and analysis expertise to business partners within the Division.
- Ensure capital expenditure opportunities have appropriate business cases, to allow optimum allocation of capital resources.
- Manage the relationships and financial processes around Forestry Partnerships managed by Coillte Forest.
- Form strong working relationships with partners in the Division and Group Finance to ensure that the requirements of both the Division and the Centre are fully met.
- Create a culture of high performance in the Finance team with high motivation levels through effective use of our performance management and reward systems.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in or lead projects as required.
- Provide support and back-up to the Head of Finance and Finance team as required.
- Results orientated
- Customer Focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to multi-task
- Quality Conscious
Desired Technical / Professional Competencies
- Qualified accountant (ie. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience, preferably with commercial exposure
- People management experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent team motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, organise and manage team work
- Proven experience of continuous development and improvement
- Very strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office & accounting software packages
This role will be based in our Head Office in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow. Closing date for applications is 4pm Monday 20 November 2017. Please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org