Coillte sees its stakeholders as those individuals, groups of individuals or organisations who can be directly affected by its organisation's activities. Stakeholder engagement is the process used by Coillte to engage with stakeholders who are directly affected by our plans and operations. Coillte when reviewing plans, provide for public consultation opportunities where submissions from affected stakeholders are considered and where possible incorporated into our plans, and operations.
Coillte's consultation processes can include:
- placing adverts in national and regional newspapers;
- posting information about the updates of consultation opportunities on our website
- issuing mailshots to stakeholders
- arranging one to one meetings with stakeholders on request with our local representatives to facilitate feedback
- comments / views raised during consultation processes are considered and where possible fed into our plans and operations